Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Essential Oils

Lately I have been studying and using essential oils. So far I have learned a lot and have loved using them. There is one in particular that I absolutely love, its called On Guard. It helps boost immunity so you don't get sick. I used it on my two girls and myself and we haven't been sick yet this winter. We had a family dinner over at our house with over 45 people. I used the On Guard on my girls and none of us got sick. I was super excited since my daughter was a newborn and I was worried about her getting sick. I like to diffuse the oils in to the air. We put lavender in on nights when everyone is wound up. Its amazing how fast everyone calms down. I get pretty bad anxiety so it has been wonderful to use the oils to help with that.
This weekend my husband got sick (he doesn't remember to put on the On Guard on himself) and I started filling like I was getting a stuffy nose. I heated up some water in a cup and added two Tbsp. of apple cider vinegar, two drops of lemon essential oil and two spoonfuls of raw honey. A couple hours later I felt better and never got the cold like my husband did. I know that lemon oil and honey help but I tired apple cider vinegar (after reading about it on pin interest) and it worked great. The lady said on pin interest they drink it all the time if they feel an illness coming on. I am not going to lie, it is not easy to drink the vinegar. But if you sweeten it with honey and add the lemon it isn't as bad.
I became interested in essential oils after reading a book a couple years ago. It was a weird book about a lady that uses them and she has some romantic fling. She used the oils to heal people and she used them to help elevate her mood when the fling wasn't going well. I started researching it after that. Its amazing what you can heal when you get down to the natural basics. Anyways, that has been my new hobby, learning and using the oils. It has been fun so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment