Thursday, October 13, 2011

Fall

I LOVE fall! I am just hoping we get a little more of it. It has been cold. I felt like we went from summer to winter too fast last week. But it has been feeling better outside this week. Believe it or not we still don't have the swing set put together. We are missing parts out of the box. So I ordered some new chains and thought that was all we were missing. Last night we tried to put up the other stuff and found out we are missing more. By the time we get it all up it will be snowing. Oh well, hopefully by next Spring we will be all set up and ready to go.

We have loved having the grass outback. It makes it a lot more fun to be out there. I just wish we would have done it at the beginning of the summer so we could enjoy it more. In the Spring we are going to work on getting some shade back there. I have been looking at building our own pergola. It looks like it wouldn't be too bad. I guess after you have helped build 6 houses nothing seems too bad.

I have less than 4 weeks until the baby comes. I am starting to get excited. I love those first few weeks when you get to just cuddle and enjoy their warm little bodies. It will be fun to have someone to cuddle during the winter time (My toddler is just too cool to cuddle her Mom anymore).

Since we have been married we have always gone to one of our parents houses for Thanksgiving. I will just be a week or two out from having a baby so we decided to do a Thanksgiving with just the four of us here at the house. I am kind of excited to have leftovers. We have always been guests so we don't get to enjoy the leftovers after. When we were first married we decided to cook a turkey. We both didn't think about the amount of time it takes to thaw. So our turkey, which was supposed to be a lunch thing ended up being ready around midnight. It was pretty funny. We learned a lot from that experience about cooking. So this time I will give it lots of time to thaw out. :) I love this time of year and am so excited to not be building this holiday season. It will be such a blessing just to be able to enjoy my little family and be warm inside. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment