This has been a long, boring week. It has rained all week and we have been stuck indoors with nothing to do but bother each other. My husband decided to work today so I have another day at home alone with the toddler and puppy. I love them but can't stand another minute.
Normally the rain wouldn't bother me and my daughter. We would go out and do some shopping or something, maybe visit someone. But I feel guilty leaving the dog at home alone. She freaks out if she is alone. Maybe its the pregnancy hormones that make me extra sensitive but she gives me a lot of anxiety.
This morning I was trying to walk to the fridge and my daughter had a hold of my shirt and was trying to hang on it. She was whining because she wanted something that we were on our way to get but she couldn't wait another second. Then the dog runs up and starts biting my pants and I had to drag her too. There is too much love going on in this house, I need some alone time. :)
Being trapped inside this week has made me extra nervous for this winter. I will have a newborn to add onto the pile. I had an idea of making an emergency boredom box for this winter. I wanted to fill it with bags of coloring pages and crayons, playdoh, blocks, stickers, and different activities to pull out and rotate. I am hoping if I keep my toddler busy that it will help keep the peace around here. Now if I could just get the puppy to grow up faster I would be set....
No comments:
Post a Comment