Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Day

We did most of the preparations for food the day before so Christmas day would be relaxing. Since I have been married I have been looking for a good Christmas morning breakfast I can make every year. This year I think I found it. It is a french toast recipe that you can make the day before and then bake the morning of. My bundt pan was too small for the recipe so we had it spill over quite a bit. I think next year I will half the recipe so it all fits nicely. We can't wait to eat it next year, it was delicious.

When my daughter woke up we brought her into our room for a few minutes so I could get dressed. She saw the presents as she was walking by and was so upset she couldn't run out there. I thought we had them all pushed over so she couldn't see but she saw one gift and that made her so excited to go out there. My husband was watching her and she kept going really quiet and then she would make a break for the door. When we finally got out there she was so excited and opened the gifts for everyone. We played with her toys and enjoyed just being in our pajamas and relaxing.


My husbands work gave him a honey baked ham so we enjoyed that for our Christmas meal. The rest of the day was spent sleeping, eating and relaxing. We went on a walk in the afternoon and couldn't believe how relaxed we both felt. It has been a long time since we have taken a day just to rest. There is only so much relaxing I can do, so by the time the evening rolled around I was ready to put Christmas away. We only put up a small tree and lights around our door so we were cleaned up in no time. This year was so much fun now that our daughter is old enough to be excited about presents. We can't wait for next year.





Even the dog got a stocking from us filled with toys and some treats from my sister. It was a good year. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment