Friday, December 30, 2011

Scary Thought

So the other night we were watching TV and a commercial came on for a show called Switched at Birth. We started talking about what we would do if that happened to us. I can't even imagine how painful that would be. I don't think I could let go of the baby I have. Then if you kept the baby you would always wonder how things would have been with the baby you were supposed to have. Anyways, normal people don't sit around and think about those things, but I guess I do. It gave me anxiety and I couldn't stop thinking about how horrible that would be.

I read a story just now about a lady who had a baby last month. I guess the hospital switched babies on accident and she was feeding and taking care of someoone's baby. It turns out the nurse didn't check the band on the baby and the beds were switched somehow in the nursery. When they finally made the connection and came in to make the switch the lady who had been breastfeeding someone's baby was mortified. They did test on both the baby and lady because they had swapped bodily fluids.

It reminds me of The Office episode where Michael is getting ready for Jan to have her baby and Dwight tells him he needs to mark the baby to make sure they aren't swapped. This is a totally random post but when we were talking about that show we said that would never happen. Then a few days later I read a story about it happening. Luckily they found the error and fixed it. Well now that we all feel enriched from this weird post we can get on with our day.....

No comments:

Post a Comment