Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Beginning...

I have been married to my husband for 5 wonderful years. I was at work one day and my boss asked me to look at two applications and tell him which one he should hire. I remember looking at my husbands and I saw that he was a returned missionary so I picked him (not telling my boss why I picked him). Who would have known I was picking out my husband that day. :) We worked together for about 9 months and became good friends doing everything together and flirting a lot. We kind of made each other crazy at the same time because we both wanted to date each other but we felt awkward because we worked together. My husband was brave and asked me out on the first date. We went to the Brick Oven in Provo and I was so nervous when I was talking I put my elbow right in my salad! I had ranch all over my shirt (another good reason not to put your elbows on the table while you eat). I remember him seeing the ranch but not saying anything. I thought that was super sweet because I was pretty embarrassed. After that date we started talking about going on more dates. I told him I wasn't comfortable dating someone from work (even though I really wanted to). That week he quit his job and found another one and took me on another date. Things moved pretty fast after that. Its amazing how you feel like you really love someone when you get married and then it just gets stronger every year after that.


He picked me up one Sunday and took me for a drive. I knew he was going to propose so I was super nervous. I knew I was going to say yes but my nerves were out of control that day. He took me to the first place we kissed, then over to the place where we first decided to be a couple. Then he took me up in the mountains to a ledge overlooking Utah County. We stood on the ledge for a while and I was just waiting for him to kneel down but nothing happened. The man was frozen. I felt bad for him so I turned around and gave him plenty of time to kneel down. I turned around expecting to find him white as a ghost laying on the ground but he was kneeling and asked me to marry him. It was super sweet. We drove over to the Provo temple and sat on the grass and called our families to tell them the news. From that day on time has flown by.


Here is a picture of us while we were dating...
























Us on our first date...





No comments:

Post a Comment