Friday, September 9, 2011

Garden

When we planted our garden late this spring we didn't think that anything would grow. Boy were we wrong. So far everything we planted grew and we have lots of produce to share. My freezer is stuffed with shredded zucchini and we have at least two or three yellow squash ready to eat each day. Our tomatoes are just taking off so I will have lots of canning to do this Fall. Even our peanut plants are looking good.

I haven't bought anything to compost in yet so we were just taking out our scraps to the garden and throwing some dirt on top. So we were kind of lazy with it but it turned out great. I guess we threw some cantaloupe seeds in there once because we had a healthy plant grow with two cantaloupes that will be ready soon. We also had a random sugar baby melon that grew from scraps.










My husbands watermelons are looking great, I think we have 4 of them growing now. They are getting big.

We still have lots of corn to harvest. We pulled up our onions last night and we are drying them out to store. I think tomorrow is our potato harvest. I wish I had a root cellar to store them in. We pulled up one plant and it filled up a grocery sack. I think we have over 20 plants so we should have lots to share. I love gardening!













No comments:

Post a Comment