We are almost done with landscaping! Well we still have to lay the sod but we are doing one final smooth raking tonight and then calling it good. Our sod will be delivered tomorrow and by Saturday it will all be over. After the grass is put in we still have the flower beds back there to fix up but we are just going to lay down some landscaping cloth and plant them in the Spring. I think right now we just plan on planting berries in them. I want a blackberry patch and we could always use more raspberries.
I decided to change methods for training Tootsie, no more growling in public for me. I decided to try the spray bottle with water. It has worked like a dream so far. It usually only takes about one or two squirts a day followed by a mean "no bite" and she will stop. She always mauls my husband when he gets home from work. She forgets all the rules and goes crazy with excitement. Yesterday he bent down to pet her and she sat really still and never went after his hands. He was so amazed and couldn't believe how good she was being. He looked up and the dog and I were having a stare down and I had the water bottle in my hands. I don't want her to think that all rules go out the window when Dad gets home.
Our two year old and Tootsie fight like siblings. The other day we were out working in the yard and my daughter had the dog in a head lock and the dog was biting her and they were both rolling in the dirt, it was a pretty fair fight. I can't keep the two of them apart. One of them will get bored and then head over and harass the other one. Yesterday I couldn't break them up so they both got a squirt of water in the face.
Our swing set came and is just sitting in our garage waiting to be set up. I can't wait to set it up so our daughter has something to play with outside. I am hoping keeping her occupied will help her and the dog get along better....we will see how long it lasts. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment