Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day Weekend


We had a pretty good Labor Day weekend. It has been wonderful to have my husband home to help potty train the new puppy Tootsie. He takes her out to go potty every hour so we don't have all the accidents in the house anymore. I asked my husband to build a little fence in the backyard. So tomorrow when he heads back to work I can just open the door and let the dog out. I am hoping tomorrow goes well.

Saturday we went to watch my nephew play football. He did an awesome job. Tootsie enjoyed laying in the shade and playing with the little kids.

We got to enjoy some corn from our garden last night. This might be the
tiniest corn I have ever seen but it tasted wonderful. We still have loads of corn left to pick and enjoy. If you
eat three or four ears of our corn then its like eating a regular piece of corn. :)

Monday morning we woke up early and headed out for a hike with my sister and her family. We had two toddlers on the hike and they did awesome. I couldn't believe how long they walked up the trail. It was pretty steep and they were almost jogging at times. They were both good sports even though they stumbled a lot. I couldn't believe how awesome Tootsie did. If we took her off the leash then she would run right by us. We had to stop every once in a while for her to smell things but she came every time we called for her. She is shaping out to be a pretty good dog. Here are some pictures from the hike...

After we made it to the waterfall we headed back and found a nice place for a picnic lunch. The girls had fun chasing each other around on the grass. I think its more entertaining to watch toddlers run around and play and discover things than watching TV.

1 comment:

  1. We had potatoes from your garden last night for dinner. They were great!

    ReplyDelete