Thursday, January 17, 2013

Jedda

Well we survived the first night with the new dog. The previous owners just let her roam around their house all day and sleep on their couch. At our house, you have to be crate trained. We went and bought a crate and I was super nervous how she take it. As we were teaching her to go in I had flashbacks of teaching Tootsie (and all the hours of crying she would do at night in the beginning). On the second night we were crate training Tootsie I didn't hear any crying. I was so grateful I said a prayer of gratitude and felt like we could handle this dog thing after all. When I got up in the morning I found out that my husband had moved her to the garage so we couldn't hear her cry anymore.

I thought that Jedda would have a hard time. She whined when we first put her in and tried to get out but then took a smell around the place and decided it was a nice place to take a nap. Then she never made another peep. I think I could get used to this older dog thing. She is very well behaved. I feel bad for her because I can tell that she is scared and wants to go back home to the house she was raised in. She was raised by a couple and one of them has cancer now and they felt like they needed to simplify their life and wanted her to have more attention. I hope Jedda feels comfortable soon. I wish I could post a picture but things have changed since I did it last and I don't know how anymore.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad things are going well with the new dog! I am excited to meet her :-) Good luck and happy birthday tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete