Tuesday, January 15, 2013

New Addition....

Now don't get too excited the new addition is my worst nightmare....a new dog. My husband knows a guy who is being deployed so we are going to take his hunting dog. Within the last two weeks I have finally accepted that Tootsie isn't going anywhere and I have grown to even like her a bit. There have been a few stories in the news about dogs being eaten by coyotes. After reading those stories I imagined that happening to Tootsie and wondered how I would feel. I realized that I liked Tootsie more than I realized and would not wish her harm. There was a time that I would not have minded so much, as sad as it sounds. Now don't get me wrong, Tootsie is a sweet dog. But the timing was all wrong. We got her as a puppy just a month or two before I had a new baby. So she has always just been an extra burden. If I didn't have little kids at home to take care of I think I would have enjoyed her company more.

The new dog is named Jedda. She is a 2 year old German short hair pointer. The dog that my husband originally wanted to get but got Tootsie instead. The owner said she is super sweet and a pretty good bird dog. I just hope she is potty trained really well. Tootsie would rather die than pee in my house so I hope that Jedda will feel the same way.

I have no idea how things are going to go and how in the world we are all going to fit in our small car to go anywhere. We are hoping that the dogs click well and become best friends. Tootsie gets along with everything, cats, sheep and all the dogs she meets. My Father-in-law was watching her around his sheep's pen. Tootsie crawled in and laid on her back so the sheep could smell her belly. Then they both started jumping around the pen and playing. He said he has never seen a dog act like a sheep before. So I am hoping this new dog is just as friendly. I think Tootsie is going to like having a buddy and someone to play with. The guy who is bringing the dog over said that another family will take her if she doesn't click with our family. Maybe I could squeeze Tootsie in there too.....Just kidding!

No comments:

Post a Comment