Today has been a horrible day. My littlest one is sick and I can't get her to eat or drink anything. She just looks so weak, it hurts my heart. Then this morning I let the dogs out so they could stretch their legs and run a bit. Everything was going fine and then all of a sudden Jedda freaked out. She started barking really viciously and growling at Tootsie. Before I could get after her she pounced on her. She started biting her neck. Tootsie was yelping for help and both my girls got scared and started crying (my oldest jumped up and out of the way on the couch, smart girl). What happened next I am not proud of but I didn't know what else to do. Jedda wouldn't let Tootsie go even though I yelled so I picked up the nearest thing to me (which was a wooden rocking horse) and started yelling and gave her two hard whacks. She yelped and ran in her crate to hide. Poor Tootsie was so scared she ran to her crate. I had no idea Jedda had that in her, so she has to go. Tootsie was here first and I don't want that kind of aggression in my house. My oldest was looking at me like I was crazy after. She was yelling "Mom you're hurting her! Stop!" I just feel so sick to my stomach that my children witnessed that. We made a bad decision bringing Jedda home and we have learned a lot.
I am having a lot of guilt over giving her back. I feel like she has gotten comfortable here and that she really likes our family. I just feel bad that she has to be passed around again. She really is a nice dog but she just doesn't get along well with other dogs. We asked if she was good with other dogs and we were told yes. I think short term she is good with other dogs. But if she has to share food and attention for too long she doesn't do well. I just feel so much guilt I can hardly stand it.
No comments:
Post a Comment